Reflecting on peace practice II
Venue and dates: Barcelona – From 10 to 14 October, 2016
Reflecting on peace practice (RPP) II Training course systems approaches in peacebuilding
Reflecting on Peace Practice (RPP) II is an intensive 5-day advanced course focused on systems approaches to conflict analysis and peacebuilding strategy. This includes an introduction to systems thinking, practicing conflict analysis from a systems perspective, identifying points of leverage to create change in a conflict system, and entry points for programmatic strategies for intervention.
The workshop is very interactive, with many opportunities to practice the application of RPP tools from a systems point of view.
This course will address the following questions:
- Why is a systemic approach to conflict analysis and peacebuilding strategy design important?
- What should we work on to have the most impact on peace and conflict in a given context?
- What are points of leverage in the given situation? How can we best intervene in a conflict system?
- With whom should we work? Which actors and stakeholders are most important?
- What is the rationale for our chosen approach – and is it valid in the context?
Participants will be better prepared to:
1. Apply systems approaches and tools in conflict analysis processes.
2. Develop leverage points for change and entry points for programming based on systems analysis.
3. Obtain confidence in using systems approaches to conflict analysis and peacebuilding strategy and program design in support of peers and partners.
The Barcelona International Peace Resource Center (BIPRC) jointly with CDA Collaborative Learning Projects (CDA)